While driving home from the Move-To site last night, I was so excited to know that the excavation of the existing chicken coop was repairable with only some slight mods, it would be able to house my existing birds well.
Margrate, Olga and Hazel (Black Sex Links from the local Co-op) will be in fine digs with all their new companions soon. And then I contemplated the folly of brooding our new hatchlings in a tent trailer for 6 weeks!
Ah, yes. The pregnant pause of potential Doom was upon me.
When I arrived home, I described this dilemma to my partner. We unanimously agreed that the scenario was totally undesirable and we should get them ordered ASAP while we are still in a stick home and have reliable power. The force of the internet was applied and in a few weeks we shall have our desired fowl before the weather turns cold before they reach adult-hood. Can you say Shazam?


No comments:
Post a Comment