Thursday, June 9, 2016

Major Decisions Made

Today is Thursday, June 9th and while the weather is only partly sunny with a nice brisk wind, its' like 67 degrees!

We have completed some very important decision-making milestones and I thought I would report those here.

Solution #1: We will be way-laying being concerned about refrigeration with the use of good coolers and phasing ice throughout during the week. The new 5-day coolers do so much better and our regular coolers can be maintained in a way to minimize spoilage.

Solution #2: Composting toilet is the next priority above refrigeration. I would really like an Air Head as seen here http://airheadtoilet.com/ but a Nature's Head would be as workable. I just like the spring loaded nipple on the water-waste catcher better on the Air Head and you don't have to move any parts to remove it to empty it.

Solution #3: We will be going with a tent not a tiny home or bunkhouse.  After some more thought and research as to the setup of surplus military tents, I have found that if we upgrade to the modern MGPT (Modular General Purpose Tent) in lieu of the General Purpose (GP) Medium Tent (kinda confusing, eh?) that I would be PRETTY SATISFIED with moving to a tent. Some of the reasons are as follows: Steel not Wood poles, ridge poles are steel Y-braces, interior of tent comes white as a standard, cotton liner and rubber flooring which connects 12 inches above ground-level and connects to side walls. Lots of ties and screening for windows comes standard. Exterior vestibule can be purchased separately if needed later.

Solution #4: We have set the deadline to move as July 31st. I will be giving notice to the landlord sometime in the near future to get that ball rolling.

Now that is figured out we can work on the other things no less important, but much more flexible in nature such as, what to do with additional furniture (called the Blue Truck) and the rest.

Hope you are having a great day! Thanks for listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment