Friday, June 3, 2016

A Generac equates Love of a Good Man

In the saga of moving off grid to our friend's last acre, my husband came home yesterday with his selection of a Wife-Proof generator with built-in power AC/DC inverter so that I can plug things in direct as well as recharge the battery bank now being constructed.

Why is this a show of TRUE LOVE? As he is the working stiff of the partnership and I will be most often on the homestead he has taken some things into consideration.

  1. I am visually impaired and reading small print, stupid squiggles and other white-on-grey paint lettering is fruitless and makes me mad. He has chosen something that has dials, a light bar, large readout and easy to see print. Once I've done it a few times, I will know what to look for and where on the machine.
  2. I can lift it myself. While not a wimp, I am not apt to haul 150 lbs of steel anywhere without a dolly and a great deal of swearing. This baby is a compact 50 lbs and I can pick it up or drag it anywhere empty. Dolly may be needed for a fully fueled machine.
  3. East to fuel and it will tell me to add fuel and oil if needed.
  4. It is quiet on the lowest setting and tolerable on the high setting. He was aware I hate white noise and this will drive me batty if we don't address this issue.
Now that we have addressed the pros of the new machine, I'll be sending you some updates later when I actually use it.http://www.lowes.com/pd_759431-24212-6866_1z0x2n5Z1z13shm__?productId=999924976&pl=1


No comments:

Post a Comment