Monday, May 2, 2016

Holy Smokes Folks!

We have decided to Live the Dream and move out of our 1425 sq. ft. home to save for our own lot of land. While super exciting, I'm totally terrified. Not just because the scope of the work required to move out of our rental house of 11 years, but due to the reality of living an off-grid life-style which shall embody all we truly believe in.

But to the terrified parts. As a kid, we were very insecure financially. Single mom, often gone working, men friends usually staying until a problem became apparent, usually an erratic work ethic. Move on past the psychobabble to the root of the problem. Transient people, housing and things is a way of living but not of comfort and success.

So with that said, it makes logical sense that I am afraid of moving to a mobile structure now. My age, my health, my comforts of slacking all are composed of living in my house now. What happens when I have to use the Bodum and not an electric coffee pot? Honestly, I used it last when I went camping last and its no big deal, until I don't have stove fuel and bum coffee off our camping neighbors. So is it the stuff of comfort and convenience I'll miss or is it letting the item go from my hands?

My LTR had the opposite of my experience above, so he has had the hassle of deprogramming this 3-year desire to move behavior out of me best he has been able. BUT his need for rooting means he Hoards like  Mr. Sanford. Whenever I suggest culling or selling something, he clutches his chest and acts like he's mortified I would say such a thing. Doesn't everybody need a 1924 belt-driven air compressor?

Today the prep and purge begins in earnest. We are going to move to our friend's house in a tent for a while. this could be a horrible error but I don't think so. We shall do updates as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment