Decisions on what to keep, what should go into an actual long-term, environmentally controlled storage short-term (after October/November) while we move and get situated has helped my anxiety enormously and the action of writing helps too but I keep tripping and feeling overwhelmed as the animals and I try to get through the living room or any other room for that matter!

Today has been tough as this weekend we had some Real Moments. Now it is very hard to actually move the physical items from place to place. I have started with the "easy things" like taking things down from shelves and the walls. Blank spots in my mind click the brain into thinking its moving time.
This is only Box 1 of packed books and Box 1 of photos to be put into long term storage. This also gives the house a more disheveled look, which I'm finding is causing me some anxiety too. The dust is exposed and I have lots of small decorative things I'm not sure are going to be here later.
But now I also have found that the soft core items like linens and towels are pretty easy to pack for long term storage using SpaceSaver vacuum bags. These will most likely go into larger boxes for removal later when we are settled or put on a shelf for ease of access and re-storage.
The very first boxes of GoodWill stuff is out on the porch and that will be loaded into the car for drop off tomorrow. It is really hard to look at what we are doing as beneficial using the modern US thing-cultured brain. I don't want to live like that when it means I won't be able to create the life we truly want together.
I shall attempt not to read ahead as I haven't even gotten through the first chapter yet!
Thanks for reading along!
No comments:
Post a Comment