Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Making Commitments

 24 August 2021, Tuesday
Weather: Light wind, 75F
Clear no smoke

Today is the beginning of the rest of your life.

My mother had a board she attached her sketch pad to that was her constant companion until she left it behind at some point. Very 70s design decorated with a platitude of hope.

I too believe in this premise and I am making commitments to show that those things that I believe like today is the rest of my life is just the start of this. I have a wind-up timer sitting on the desk as I type reminding me that I have committed to several things and one of them is to spend no less than 30 minutes a day writing something, drawing, learning to play my guitar, or something.

Why today and not 6 months ago? Well, that's easy to answer as I am not the same person and that person could barely do anything as the interior self and the 3D world wasn't working together very well. and today, things are better, with more optimistic feelings than I've ever had than before but not for the normal reason.

We live in a place now that I don't interact with easily. The countryside is dry, arid, life-sucking in the season of Summer. Its like being somewhere cold in the winter season but hot. I've tried to explain that to people that in the Summer, you go inside. You hide from the rays of death like daggers from the sky and hope for rain not fire. 

I have no ideas why I am here but I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be even with all the potential for external upheavals (politics, COVID/plague, economy, etc.) I am learning tremendous lessons about myself, how I fit with others, what contributions I have to offer, what new things I am gaining mastery over and what I totally fail at just to try again and probably fail at that too.

Astrology is a big factor in my current state of clarity as well as a writhing snake in my brain. Being creative is a powerful need right now internally but I left so many of my creative pursuits long ago I am rusty and my critical eye only sees childish impressions but that will pass. I am a Child. Of Light, Wisdom, Breath, Movement - of the Earth I am bound. 

My proclamation is that my purpose is to bring the Light and shine it as far and wide as I can. I have been learning about patterning of action. Infusing it with purpose and seeing how these patterns create an energy field that typifies the feeling of peace, harmony, safety, security, and of home. 

My dedications shall be full embodied acts of purpose. My alarm went so I am going to quit now.

Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment